The Kauri Museum
$25 for Entry for 2 Adults to The Kauri Museum, or $27 for a Family Pass (Value Up To $55)
- Fine Print
- Step back in time one hundred years or so and see the beautiful Kauri tree pop up again and again. Today’s deal lets you have a look inside the history of this Kiwi giant
- Pay just $25 for entry for 2 adults to The Kauri Museum, worth $50 (Valid for students, adults or senior citizens)
- Or just $27 for a family pass to The Kauri Museum, worth $55 (Valid for 3 children 5-15 years and two adults, or four children and one adult)
- Home to the largest collection of Kauri gum in the world
- The perfect insight into Northland’s pioneer past
- Audio Tour app available for free download to give background to the exhibits
- Located one hour’s drive from Whangarei and 2 hours from the Auckland Harbour Bridge
What We Like
Lurking in our forests are giants. They're big, tall, green and happened to play a major part in our history. Take a walk through some Kiwi Kauri history with today's fascinating deal.
Follow the stories of pioneer settlers in Matakohe with a tour through the Volunteer Hall featuring the world's largest Kauri slab (at 22.5m!). Walk through the Sterling Wing, with life-size recreations of pioneer homes. Take a look at rings that show the almost unfathomable size of the largest known Kauri trees. See how Kauri timber was milled and used in the home, visit the pioneer school and marvel at the exquisite Kauri gum display.
There's something for the kids and the adults at the Kauri Museum. With a peek into pioneer living as well as breath-taking look at the Kauri tree. The award-winning Kauri Museum is a must-see location nestled in Matakohe - a charming rural village only 2 hours from the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
So grab the kids and visit the Kauri Museum. It'll be a trip well-worth taking!
The Fine Print
Offer expires on 18 December, 2016
Walk-ins OK - no appointments required
Admission is valid for two adults, students or senior citizens
Kids under 5 free
Family pass is valid for 3 children 5-15 years and two adults, or four children and one adult
Normal entry fees apply for additional people
No refunds, no cancellations, no cash back unless required by law
Cannot combine with any other offer