- Fine Print
- Go behind-the-scenes with the Zoo Keepers at ground level to meet and hand feed Wellington Zoo’s Giraffes and learn about their training!
- $95 for a Giraffe Close Encounter for 2 at Wellington Zoo (value $190)
- Enjoy an exciting and safe experience.
- You can make bookings for any available date once you’ve bought the deal so you can use it over the next round of school holidays, weekends, or even during the week!
- Entry to the Zoo included for the two doing the Close Encounter.
- Minimum age 6 (under 14’s must be accompanied by a paying adult).
- Subject to availability – book in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Run 3.30pm every Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
- More details on Wellington Zoo’s website.
What We Like
The chance to admire the staggering height of a Giraffe at Wellington Zoo makes a Giraffe Close Encounter truly different. Wellington Zoo’s experienced Keepers will show you how and why they train the mother and daughter Giraffes, with you on board to help out! You’ll be able to see their amazing long tongue up close and personal, and admire the longest eyelashes in town.
A Close Encounter at Wellington Zoo is more than just meeting an amazing animal close-up. You’re joined by a Zoo Keeper who works with the animals you are meeting. They will introduce you to your encounter animals and answer any of your questions about them and about Giraffes in the wild. They’ll also happily take a photo of you with the Giraffe (if you can both fit in the frame!), so don’t forget your camera!
You’ll learn how your Close Encounter helps Wellington Zoo in their work to save animals in the wild. 10% of proceeds from all Close Encounters help Wellington Zoo to save animals in the wild through projects supported by the Wellington Zoo Conservation Fund. You’ll never forget your Giraffe Close Encounter, and the feeling of being dwarfed by a towering giraffe right next to you.
The Close Encounter is available every Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at 3.30pm. Spaces are very limited, so make sure you book as soon as you can to avoid missing out on the dates that you’d like.
Participants must be at least 6 years old and at least one participant must be over 18, with a maximum of two people per Close Encounter. Your experience will take around 30 minutes. Please make sure you arrive at the Zoo 20 minutes before your Close Encounter.
This treat is valid until 30 September 2016, so you have plenty of opportunity to use it. Perfect to use over the school holidays, weekends, or during the week! It includes entry to the Zoo which is $21 per adult or $10.50 for kids. Bargain!
Hit Buy Now and take part in a treat that'll give you a really tall tale to tell people!
The Fine Print
Offer expires on 30/09/2016
We strongly encourage bookings to be made by 30/08/2016. Bookings after this date cannot be guaranteed. If there are no available bookings after 30/08/2016, simply contact our Customer Support Team before 30/09/2016 and you will be entitled to a full credit back to your account
Bookings are essential and are subject to availability. Walk-ins not accepted
Please arrive at the Zoo 20 minutes before your Close Encounter
Suitable for ages 6 and up (one person must be over 18)
Maximum of 2 participants per Close Encounter
24 cancellation policy applies, non-attendance and late cancellation voids voucher
Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and not redeemable for cash
1. To redeem your voucher, please call 04 389 3692 and be sure to mention your voucher code.
2. Please present your printed voucher upon arrival at the venue.