From $219 for an Explore the Hauraki Rail Trail Package incl. 2 Nights at Shunters Cottage and 1 Full Day Bike Hire for 2 - 6 People (value up to $680)
- Fine Print
- Bike Trail
- Get a friend or gather the family and discover the sensational scenery and gorgeous spots tucked away on the Hauraki Rail Trail.
- $219 for 2 People
- $299 for 4 People
- $369 for 6 People
- Rest and relax at the nostalgic 3 bedroom Shunters Cottage in Waihi. The character cottage is a convenient base for exploring the nearby sites like the Martha's Pit rim, pump house and Goldfield railway.
- Shunters Cottage offers a quiet, private setting only 50 metres back from the station and right next to the Hauraki Rail Trail.
- Once you've settled in, make the most of your 1 day bike hire from Waihi Bicycle Hire - only 1km away from your accommodation (5-10 minute walk, 2 minute drive.) Check out the Bike Trail tab to read more about the Hauraki Rail Trail.
- If you have young ones, you can swap a full size bike hire to a kid's size bike. If they're not quite ready for two wheels, pop them on a tag along or kiddy trailer.
- Some tandem bikes are also available which is equivalent to 2x separate hires.
- Helmet, a group pump, spare tubes and lock are all included with the bike hire.
- Snap up this terrific two-wheeled treat today for a fantastic time away.
What We Like
A getaway isn't great until you add a touch of adventure! And this deal brings you the ultimate trifecta: exploration, relaxation and discovery.
The Hauraki Rail Trail is the one of New Zealand's most accessible bike trails. It is in close proximity to Hamilton, Auckland and Tauranga and is accessible from Thames, Paeroa, Te Aroha, Waihi/Waikino. The temperate climate on the Coromandel Peninsula and the Hauraki Plains provides a great all-year round riding experience.
The trail showcases some of the best scenery New Zealand has to offer, from the Pohutukawa trees on the Thames Coast, through lush green Waikato farm lands, to areas rich in pioneering history. A major highlight includes riding through the stunning Karangahake Gorge, one of the “14 wonders of New Zealand”. The trail follows the path of two historic railway lines, running from Thames to Paeroa and Waikino to Te Aroha, while a new path will link Waikino to Waihi.
There's no need to go far for a holiday, take a gander at all the wonderful things Waihi has to offer with this top notch package! Grab your voucher today!
The Fine Print
Expires Oct 19, 2016
Bookings must be made by Sept 15, 2016
Can combine vouchers to extend stay
Weekend bookings at TRAXX will fill quickly, please check availability online at www.traxx.co.nz/booking use this ONLY to check availability
Bookings are first in first served
Must book online www.traxx.co.nz/promo-booking with Voucher Code
For enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check in Time at TRAXX is from 2pm, check out time 10am
14 day postponement policy applies or voucher subject to forfeiture
Linen included for stay
Bike Hire is through Waihi Bike Hire
We recommend booking accommodation before bike hire
Bike hire is valid for a full day trail bike hire
Trail Bike hire can be swapped to kids or toddler options: tag along, kiddy trailers or tandem bike (tandem equivalent to 2 separate hires)
Bookings for Waihi Bike Hire (ph: 07 863 8418 or 021 0232 1523, email: email@example.com and quote name and voucher ID, or http://waihibicyclehire.co.nz/booking and enter voucher ID in message box)
Present voucher on arrival
Not valid public holiday weekends
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law)
Must be used in 1 visit
Not for use with other offers
Cycle through the intriguing Karagahake Gorge or take the local train ride in (at an extra cost) with Goldfields Railway - the train even has a carriage to pull your bikes in
The gorgeous Karangahake Gorge section of the Hauraki Rail Trail is a grade one day ride, making it ideal for families and people of all ages and abilities
While you're on the trail, stop in to visit the Victoria Battery and Tramway Museum, and follow the trail through the 1km tunnel to explore the old gold workings at Mackaytown. Or ride a little further on to Paeroa
As well as your bike ride, there's a bundle of other things to check out in the area, including local restaurants, cafes, the winery, Waihi Beach or head over to Waihi Golf Club