From $279 for an Explore the Hauraki Rail Trail Package for 4ppl, or from $369 for 6ppl incl. a 2 Night Stay at Traxx Accommodation Waihi + One Full Day Bike Hire, Options for Midweek or Weekend Packages (Value Up To $680)
- Fine Print
- Bike Trail
- Get a friend or gather the family and discover the sensational scenery and gorgeous spots tucked away on the Hauraki Rail Trail!
- Includes a 2 night stay at Traxx accommodation and a full day bike hire. Choose from the following package options:
- Midweek Stay (Sunday-Thursday Nights):
- $279 for 4 people (value $520)
- $369 for 6 people (value $680)
- Weekend Stay (Friday/Saturday Nights):
- $299 for 4 people (value $520)
- $399 for 6 people (value $680)
- Rest and relax at the nostalgic 3 bedroom cottage in Waihi. The character cottage is a convenient base for exploring the nearby sites like the Martha's Pit rim, pump house and Goldfield railway
- The cottage accommodation offers a quiet, private setting only 50 metres back from the station and right next to the Hauraki Rail Trail
- Once you've settled in, make the most of your 1 day bike hire from Waihi Bicycle Hire - only 1km away from your accommodation (5-10 minute walk, 2 minute drive.) Check out the Bike Trail tab to read more about the Hauraki Rail Trail
- If you have young ones, you can swap a full size bike hire to a kid's size bike. If they're not quite ready for two wheels, pop them on a tag along or kiddy trailer
- Some tandem bikes are also available which is equivalent to 2x separate hires
- Helmet, a group pump, spare tubes and lock are all included with the bike hire
- Snap up this terrific two-wheeled treat today for a fantastic time away
What We Like
A getaway isn't great until you add a touch of adventure! And this deal brings you the ultimate trifecta: exploration, relaxation and discovery.
The Hauraki Rail Trail is the one of New Zealand's most accessible bike trails. It is in close proximity to Hamilton, Auckland and Tauranga and is accessible from Thames, Paeroa, Te Aroha, Waihi/Waikino. The temperate climate on the Coromandel Peninsula and the Hauraki Plains provides a great all-year round riding experience.
The trail showcases some of the best scenery New Zealand has to offer, from the Pohutukawa trees on the Thames Coast, through lush green Waikato farm lands, to areas rich in pioneering history. A major highlight includes riding through the stunning Karangahake Gorge, one of the “14 wonders of New Zealand”. The trail follows the path of two historic railway lines, running from Thames to Paeroa and Waikino to Te Aroha, while a new path will link Waikino to Waihi.
There's no need to go far for a holiday, take a gander at all the wonderful things Waihi has to offer with this top notch package! Grab your voucher today!
The Fine Print
Offer expires 19 October, 2017
Bookings must be made by 15 September, 2017
Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 3 for you & 3 as gifts)
Can combine vouchers to extend stay
Midweek Stay option valid for Sun-Thurs nights, Weekend option Valid for Friday/Sat nights
Bookings at Traxx will fill quickly, please check availability online pre-purchase at www.traxx.co.nz/booking use this ONLY to check availability, bookings are first in first served
Must book online here: www.traxx.co.nz/promo-booking with voucher code
For enquiries email email@example.com
Bike Hire is through Waihi Bike Hire. We recommend booking accommodation before bike hire. Bike hire is valid for a full day trail bike hire. Trail Bike hire can be swapped to kids or toddler options: tag along, kiddy trailers or tandem bike (tandem equivalent to 2 separate hires)
Bookings for Waihi Bike Hire (ph: 07 863 8418 or 021 0232 1523, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote name and voucher ID, or online at: http://waihibicyclehire.co.nz/booking
Check-in time at Traxx is from 2pm, check out time 10am
14 day postponement policy applies or voucher subject to forfeiture
Linen included for stay
Present voucher on arrival
Not valid Public holiday weekends
No exchanges. No refunds or cash back (except where required by law). Not for use with other offers
Cycle through the intriguing Karagahake Gorge or take the local train ride in (at an extra cost) with Goldfields Railway - the train even has a carriage to put your bikes in.
The gorgeous Karangahake Gorge section of the Hauraki Rail Trail is a grade one day ride, making it ideal for families and people of all ages and abilities.
While you're on the trail, stop in to visit the Victoria Battery and Tramway Museum, and follow the trail through the 1km tunnel to explore the old gold workings at Mackaytown. Or ride a little further on to Paeroa.
As well as your bike ride, there's a bundle of other things to check out in the area, including local restaurants, cafes, the winery, Waihi Beach or head over to Waihi Golf Club.